Fun FRIENDS Program
For children ages 4-7
The Fun FRIENDS Program was developed by Dr Paula Barrett to help guide the social and emotional development of children aged 4 to 7 by using fun, play-based group activities. Fun FRIENDS teaches skills that will nurture a child’s development and resilience during these crucial early years, giving them the ability to excel and smoothly transition into school life.
Receive professional development points.
Do this training online, at home.
After undertaking Fun FRIENDS parents and teachers notice the following changes in a child:
- Increased Confidence
- More able to cope with stress
- More able to cope with fear
- Enhanced Social Skills
- Able to communicate better with adults
- Boosted Self Esteem
- Generally happier and more enthusiastic
The secret to the Fun FRIENDS Program is the group activities that help children to learn new skills. There are a number of different play-based activities that are evidence based and help teach the following skills to participants in a way that can be easily grasped, understood and used in everyday life. Fun FRIENDS has been proven to give participants the following skills:
- Smiling and making eye contact when communicating
- Speaking with a brave and confident voice
- Talking about and understanding feelings in themselves and others (empathy development)
- Helping other people like family, peers and teachers
- Understanding their body clues, e.g. tense means stressed, butterflies means nervous
- Relaxation techniques to relax their bodies and minds in stressful situations
- Approaching groups of peers and making friends
- Trying new things, and approaches to problem solving
- Identifying negative thoughts and turning them into positive thoughts
The structure of the Fun FRIENDS Program is a 5 session course, with each session taking between 2-2.5 hours depending on the activities chosen by the facilitator. To help participants remember the FRIENDS concepts, and to bring structure to the sessions we use the following FRIENDS acronym.
- Feelings (talk about your feelings and care about other people’s feelings)
- Relax (do “milkshake” breathing, have some quiet time)
- I can try ! (we can all try our best)
- Encourage (step plans to happy home)
- Nurture (quality time together doing fun activities)
- Don’t forget – be brave! (practice skills everyday with friends /family)
- Stay happy
If you would like to become a facilitator of the Fun Friends Program, click on the button below. If you would like to become a Licensed Partner or for any other enquiry, please contact us at email@example.com